Monday, January 17, 2011

On the Home Front.

Last night Kaden's folks came over for the afternoon & for dinner. It was so nice to be able to share our home & food with others! I would love to have more people over. Sometimes it seems like we eat too "weird" for most of the people we know.

Kaden made an amazing beef stew with brown mustard & dark beer & crimini mushrooms. We had it with a really fabulous wheat & seed loaf from Trader Joe's and a neat salad (my contribution was balsamic vinaigrette dressing, and washing the lettuce). I finally went ahead & purchased 4 matching dinner plates, 4 matching salad plates, & 4 matching napkins from Target, deciding I will not be able to afford Fiesta Ware in the next decade. They match our table so I'm pretty thrilled.



In other food news, we tried Little Roni's Sandwich Shop finally on Friday, and BOY OH BOY, it did NOT disappoint! I got the apple, butternut squash, and havarti sandwich, it was like dessert. Amazing!

I have been working on a big project of re-vamping some excellently-framed poorly-upholstered mid-century chairs, with a lot of help from my mom. THEY TURNED OUT SO FABULOUS. I will post before & after pictures tomorrow. I would like to do a big home post. Maybe I'll get some pictures taken this week; the place is spic & span since we prepared for Kaden's folks' visit!

ps. also got this shower curtain from Target last week, immediately after seeing it on Apartment Therapy. It really spruces up the bathroom!

No comments: