Monday, September 27, 2010

Olympia is Better.

Compared to Bellingham, Olympia has better dressed people; plays better music in restaurants, bookstores, coffee shops, and record shops (but Bellingham has better food). In the record store they were playing Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators followed by Is This Real by the Wipers, and it was funny/weird/awesome because several years ago Kaden bought both those records at the same time and we used to get drunk & stoned & look at the covers side b’ side & trip out about their congruency.


(they look more similar in color on our record sleeves at home)

Plus I fucking forgot how amazing Psychedelic Sounds is. Kaden borrowed some really nice early 90s speakers from my parents that were in a storage shed. They sound SO GOOD compared to my gotten-for-free speakers we've been using for years. We need a new record needle though; we also need our own home to listen to records in.

In other news, I am going to start completely & fully supporting EVERYONE in EVERYTHING they say they want to/are going to do. I see a pattern in my life of trying to talk people down from their dreams. I would like to think it is because I am trying to protect them from disappointment, but it is more likely that I am, on some inner level, jealous because I do not have a plan or a dream, and I never really have. I don't see anything wrong with not having a plan or a dream - I let the universe decide for me, and I've always had most excellent luck. But now that I recognize that I have had that pattern, I am going to make a change and be the best supportive, loving, enthusiastic encourager I can be!

No comments: