Thursday, February 3, 2011

Things I Love: On a Thursday.

I am a long-time fan of galadarling.com. Clearly, my lifestyle is nothing like hers, but there are several things she has written that truly have changed my life. I will elaborate on that some time. Today I am going to participate in her Things I Love Thursday, because I'd let myself get down in the dumps this week, and that's a silly waste of time! I went to bed last night & got up this morning refreshed. I am, again, going to try harder with affirmations & positive thinking & successful ways of loving & living. And part of that is broadcasting gratitude. I Love: One of Gala's sayings that has stuck with me, which I was using as a daily affirmation when I lived in Bellingham, living your life like a love letter to the universe. What a great fucking sentiment! What a great idea! I used to have a system of sayings & movements that I did every morning, but had let them slip away. I tried them again this morning (and I love them on a Thursday):

Before getting out of bed, I do a yoga "child's pose." Then I stretch up in a "cat tilt" to being on my knees in bed. I stretch my arms straight up and say, "This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice & be glad." Then I stretch my left arm overhead to my right side and say, "This day, I have always been filled with joy." Then I stretch my right arm overhead to my left side and say, "This day I have always been radiantly healthy." Then I bring my hands to prayer-position, and say, "This day I have always lived my life as a love letter to the universe." Then I look up & say Namaste & start my day!

OK it kind of weirds me out that I wrote all that. But it's true!

Soooooooooo this morning I started really thinking about what "Living my life as a love letter to the universe" meant. Because saying it is helpful, but doesn't make it a reality. I decided to prepare for my day like I was going on a date, with the day. And shit dude, it made me feel good!

I Love:
After admiring Seychelles shoes on girls on wardrobe_remix, I fucking FOUND A PAIR of Spellbound Oxfords for $28, barely worn, at Buffalo Exchange in Portland, AND I had a credit so I got them for free. I'm pretty obsessed with them. I have literally never worn heels before, so it's kind of exciting & I hope I don't look like a fool walking in them.

I also love this red & white striped t-shirt I got for "free" at Buffalo Exchange. I'm wearing it right now too - it's so my date outfit with Today!

& I love that I started reading the classic "How to Stop Worrying & Start Living." I have a 1948 printing that I got at an estate sale. I don't care how corny it is; it's inspirational!

& I love planning for my weekend home alone. Kaden's going to his folks' for the weekend & I'm gonna get so much shit done! & we have plans to spend more time apart, which is great, since we live and commute and work together. It's a lot of togetherness.

& I love that I got Kaden some really good Valentine's presents.

& I love that we're going to go see Quasi & Sebadoh next weekend.

& I love the amazing hearty oatmeal with apples & raisins that Kaden made for breakfast, eaten with yogurt & soymilk.

& I love all my exciting plans for Project Re-Style. & I love looking at everyone else's projects too!

& I love that my sister & I are going to spend more time together.

& I love visiting Portland.

& most of all I love that I am back in a position to work on affirmations & successful ways of living!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are a very positive, upbeat young woman. I love your perspective on life and your inspiring thoughts and actions. You're not just a "sayer", you're a "doer". Keep it up!